Commercial Specialist (m/f/d)
The US Embassy in Vienna is recruiting for a
Commercial Specialist (m/f/d)
The incumbent is a core member of Commercial Service (CS) Austria, supporting the Commercial Service globally in developing strategies and programs to advance U.S. business interests in Austria. The scope of activity includes export promotion, commercial diplomacy, and promoting foreign direct investment to the United States with a focus on assigned priority sectors.
The incumbent develops expert knowledge in assigned sectors, maintains relevant high-level contacts in the government and private sectors, and creates medium-to long-term strategies for advancing U.S. business objectives within that portfolio. They provide complex counseling for U.S. companies on business opportunities and challenges, as well as research, matchmaking, and promotional services. They monitor potential market barriers for U.S. business and, as necessary, lead in developing strategies for U.S. government engagement to address these.
The Commercial Specialist also actively promotes Austrian company investment in the United States in focus sectors, including identifying prospective investors, conducting outreach activities, recruiting event participants, supporting U.S. economic development organizations, and providing inward investment assistance to investors.
The incumbent serves as professional analyst and advisor to the Senior Commercial Officer and senior U.S. government officials for assigned business sectors and assists with senior-level official visits.Qualifications and competences required:
- Bachelor’s degree (4 year) in economics, marketing, international trade or business administration.
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in economics, market research, marketing, trade promotion, sales, or other closely related fields, with international business knowledge and experience.
- Detailed understanding of Austrian government, political system, economy, laws and regulations, and business culture. Deep knowledge of key business aspects of at least one leading Austrian industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English, as well as advanced business writing and analysis capabilities.
- Fluency in English and German
- An exciting and multifaceted position in an American environment
- A friendly and collaborative workplace
- Training programs
- A gross salary of minimum 56,786 EUR per year, plus 13th and 14th month payments
- Austrian social security and employment benefits
- Both American and Austrian holidays off
- Supplemental Pension Plan
The detailed vacancy announcement can be found on our website: https://at.usembassy.gov/jobs/ (in Electronic Recruitment Application ERA). Please send your electronic application according to the instructions in the vacancy announcement.
Tri-Mission Vienna is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, and welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experience. Applicants must demonstrate the right to live and work in Austria.
Die Bewerbung ist erfolgreich versendet worden.