DatenschutzexpertIn/Data Protection Expert (m/f/d)
At the earliest possible starting date we are looking for a
- Reporting directly to the Director of Legal Office, the Data Protection Expert/DPO shall inform and advise on the daily management and protection of personal data in relation to EU GDPR and national law(s) and regulations.
- The Data Protection Expert/DPO will maintain expert knowledge of data protection law and practices, as well as other professional qualities, to ensure that the University continues to comply with EU GDPR requirements and relevant national data protection law(s) and regulations.
- The Data Protection Expert/DPO will ensure that all documentation to demonstrate compliance with the GDPR - such as policies and procedures - is kept up to date. Furthermore, the Data Protection Officer will plan and schedule data processing audits regularly, and monitor core activities to ensure they comply with EU GDPR.
- The Data Protection Expert/DPO is the main contact point for CEU employees and will liaise with all members of faculty and staff on matters of data protection.
- To inform and advise all members of faculty and staff on their obligation to adhere to EU GDPR and national law(s) when dealing with personal data
- To monitor compliance with EU GDPR and national law(s), conducting audits of processes relating to personal data
- Advise and inform on the data protection impact assessment (DPIA), including monitoring performance of DPIAs against the requirements of EU GDPR
- Liaise and cooperate with the supervisory authority
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of all University data protection policies, procedures and processes in relation to the protection of personal data
- Advise management on the allocation of responsibilities internally to support ongoing compliance with EU GDPR and national law(s)
- Ensure training and awareness is available and delivered to all members of staff involved in processing operations relating to personal data
- To be the point of contact for data subjects with regard to the processing of their personal data
- To monitor compliance with the Data Protection Policy throughout the University to develop/advise on procedures for effective security
- To develop/advise on formal procedures for reporting incidents (EU GDPR and information security-related) and investigations
- To contribute to the business continuity and disaster recovery planning process
- To advise on and monitor the safeguarding of organizational record management
- Work with information asset owners to ascertain the extent to which personal data is collected, held and/or used in the University, and that it is properly controlled and safeguarded from loss of confidentiality, integrity or availability from any cause
- To ensure that records of the processing are retained by the University.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken German and English
- Experience of working in an international work environment (higher education or similar context is an advantage)
- Bachelor’s or higher university degree in Legal Studies and data protection specialization
- 3-5 years experience in data protection
If this challenging position is what you have been seeking, please hand in your online-application in English and German language. Your application should include a CV with photo, testimonials and certificates, income requirements, and starting date. Your application will be handled with utmost discretion.
Wir freuen uns auf Ihre rasche und aussagekräftige Onlinebewerbung mit Lebenslauf und Anschreiben!
Ihre Ansprechperson für diese Position ist Frau Sabine Leutner
Schira & Leutner Personalberatung
Fleischmarkt 1/6 • A-1010 Wien • www.schira-leutner.at
Die Bewerbung ist erfolgreich versendet worden.