Legal Counsel Regional Business Law (m/f/d)
Legal Counsel Regional Business Law (m/f/d)
The Legal Counsel Regional Business Law is responsible to provide pro-active, practical and solution-oriented legal counsel and advice to Boehringer Ingelheim’s Human Pharma and Animal Health businesses in the RCV (Regional Center Vienna) region, with a focus on marketing and sales as well as other customer-facing activities.
The position holder brings to the role comprehensive expertise and know-how in contract drafting and negotiation as well as in formulating sound, business-oriented and practical legal advice in complex business situations.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Provide expert legal counsel and advice on BI’s Human Pharma and Animal Health Businesses to senior management and other relevant internal stakeholders
- Draft, review, facilitate and negotiate contracts governing the relationship with business partners along the distribution chain (distributors, wholesalers, pharmacies, veterinarians, retailers, end customers etc.)
- Provide and ensure legal & risk management advice on commercial strategies, projects and future endeavours of the business
- Monitor legal developments, handle legal disputes related to HP and AH Businesses and manage network of outside counsel retained by BI
- Identify trends and business priorities and its legal implications
- Diploma degree (e.g. Master of Law, LL.M, MBA, etc.) preferably from a European country is required; Bar exam looked upon favourably
- Minimum 5 years work experience preferably acquired in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Excellent knowledge of legal aspects of a customer-facing Human Pharma and/or Animal Health organization. This includes knowledge of International Contract Law, (European) Competition Law, Unfair competition as well as IP topics and the different areas of commercial law that are relevant for the respective businesses, such as related to the distribution, commercialization and promotion of prescription and non-prescription human and animal health pharmaceuticals
- Knowledge of Real Estate topics and EHS related matters looked upon favourably
- High level of accuracy and to detail, strong communication/negotiation skills, solution-oriented, business partnering skills, open-minded, motivated, analytical and professional team player
- English business proficiency is a must have, fluency in German would be an asset, Russian would be an asset, robust project management skills are crucial. IT-Office Tool skills preferable
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Matthäus Vogel.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
Die Bewerbung ist erfolgreich versendet worden.