Project Controller – International
Project Controller – International
Contract: Full Time
Duty Station: Vienna
Starting date: As soon as possible
We are one of the world’s leading development and humanitarian aid agencies, fighting poverty and injustice in over 100 countries and helping 70 million people each year to find routes out of poverty, with a specific focus on the empowerment of women and girls. We save lives in disaster and conflicts and stand with women, girls and their communities to achieve lasting change for a better future.Objective of the position:
As project controller you will support the management of CARE Austria’s high-value contracts and contribute to a professional management of project funds, helping to ensure accountability, value for money and the largest possible impact for our beneficiaries. You will also build capacity of national staff, supporting the development of in-country key financial project resources. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for project controlling at CARE Austria whilst supporting the country-based finance staff. You will ensure accurate and timely reporting and forecasting as well as compliance with donor requirements.Responsibilities:
- Work with CARE Austria’s program and finance team and country offices to ensure that grants are efficiently and accurately designed and budgeted;
- Ensure processes are in place for accurate and timely financial monitoring and forecasting, and ownership of country office-finance teams;
- Ensure that projects are implemented in full compliance with the rules and regulations of donors, and prepare financial reports to donors;
- Build staff capacity in country offices on key donor and CARE Austria’s requirements for sound financial management;
- Maintain internal donor financial reporting systems and budget revision tools;
- Identify issues and challenges related to the financial setup and management of projects in your portfolio;
- Coordinate and execute internal and external audits at country offices on behalf of CARE Austria.
- Completed business, finance or accounting degree-level education (University, college);
- Five years of experience in finance controlling;
- Assets: Experience in analysis of large budgets; Experience in financial aspects of contract management; Experience with rules and regulations in an international organization (e.g. European Union); Experience working with an auditing company;
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Excel, accounting and reporting systems);
- Very good skills in German and English. Asset: French;
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills;
- Willingness to travel for assignments;
- High commitment, initiative and ability to work in diverse teams;
- Ability to work under time pressure, managing competing deadlines;
- Ability to execute and take on complex tasks in a responsible, self-organized and independent manner;
- Work and/or travel experience in a country of the global South is an asset;
- Identification with the goals of CARE.
- Finance controlling of a diverse project portfolio in a dynamically changing environment;
- Working with professional and committed teams in an international context;
- Office in central Vienna;
- Gross salary EUR 46,000 annually depending on prior experiences and in accordance with CARE Austria’s salary scheme;
- Various additional benefits.
Please note: An EU citizenship or established work permit is a necessary requirement for this post. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are looking forward to receiving your application, cover letter in English, as well as copies of relevant certificates and recommendation letters by 15 October 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter how you learned about this position with CARE Austria. Applications will be treated confidentially in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
To learn more about CARE Austria, please go to www.care.at.
CARE’s Mission: CARE works
around the globe
to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice.
Die Bewerbung ist erfolgreich versendet worden.