This job is no longer accepting applications.
CARE Österreich, Verein für Entwicklungszusammenarbeit und humanitäre Hilfe,
seeks an experienced
Contract: Full Time (one year limited with the possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Vienna
Starting date: As soon as possible
CARE is one of the world’s leading development and humanitarian aid agencies, fighting poverty and injustice in over 100 countries and helping 70 million people each year to find routes out of poverty, with a specific focus on the empowerment of women and girls. We save lives in disaster and conflicts and stand with women, girls and their communities to achieve lasting change for a better future.
Objective of the position:
As controller you will support the management of CARE Austria’s high-value contracts and contribute to a professional management of project funds, helping to ensure accountability, value for money and the largest possible impact for our beneficiaries. You will also build capacity of national staff, supporting the development of in-country key financial project resources. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for project controlling at CARE Austria whilst supporting the country-based finance staff. You will ensure accurate and timely reporting and forecasting as well as compliance with donor requirements.Responsibilities:
- Work with CARE Austria’s program and finance team and country offices to ensure that grants are efficiently and accurately designed and budgeted;
- Ensure processes are in place for accurate and timely financial monitoring and forecasting, and ownership of country office-finance teams;
- Ensure that projects are implemented in full compliance with the rules and regulations of donors, and prepare financial reports to donors in close coordination with CARE Austria’s program department
- Build staff capacity in country offices on key donor and CARE Austria’s requirements for sound financial management;
- Maintain internal donor financial reporting systems and budget revision tools;
- Identify issues and challenges related to the financial setup and management of projects in your portfolio;
- Coordinate and execute internal and external audits at country offices on behalf of CARE Austria.
- Completed business, finance or accounting degree-level education (University, college);
- Three years of experience in financial controlling or auditing or financial grant management
- Assets: Experience in analysis of large budgets; Experience in financial aspects of contract management; Experience with rules and regulations in an international organization (e.g. European Union);
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Excel, accounting and reporting systems);
- Very good skills in German and English. Asset: French;
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills;
- Willingness to travel for assignments (approx. 2 times a year for max. 3 weeks should the pandemic situation allow);
- High commitment, initiative and ability to work in diverse teams;
- Ability to work under time pressure, managing competing deadlines;
- Ability to execute and take on complex tasks in a responsible, self-organized and independent manner;
- Work and/or travel experience in a country of the global South is an asset;
- Identification with the goals of CARE.
- Well-equipped office in central Vienna;
- Salary starting at EUR 45.000,00 gross annually. Please note: Actual classification will depend on relevant professional experience and will be calculated in accordance with CARE Austria’s salary scheme;
- Attractive fringe benefits (e.g. annual ticket for public transport Wiener Linien)
- Working in an international context with professional and committed teams
- Diverse project portfolio in a dynamic and innovative working environment
Please note: An EU citizenship or established work permit is a necessary requirement for this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about CARE Austria, please go to www.care.at.
CARE’s Mission: CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice.
powered by ngojobs.eu
Die Bewerbung ist erfolgreich versendet worden.