Senior Accountant Budget and Finance Office
Budget and Finance Office
Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Open until filled
Full- Or Part-Time: Full-time (40 hrs/week)
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary with entities in these countries. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs delivered in English (https://www.ceu.edu/).
The Budget and Finance Office (BFO) at CEU is operating both in Vienna and Budapest. A young and dynamic group of altogether 20+ professionals in Budapest and in Vienna have the following main activities: accounting, controlling, budgeting, procurement, cash management and corporate tax advisory.
BFO, Vienna invites applications for a full-time Senior Accountant working closely with the Chief Financial Officer of CEU. The selected candidate will work also closely with the leader of the accounting team located in Budapest.
We offer you an expert level position with a very exciting combination of two areas, accounting and tax. In accounting you are expected to have a well-grounded, high level of knowledge, including also reviewing and preparing Austrian financial statementsDuties and responsibilities:
As a member of a team, the successful candidate will support the Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Accountant with his/her/their deep Austrian accounting knowledge (Austrian GAAP) and will work with the tax advisor company supporting CEU to manage tax related questions and operational taxation matters.Main tasks:
- Advising, participating and preparing Austrian financial statements
- As expert in Austrian accounting and having an overall understanding of Austrian taxation, the new colleague will either answer tax related questions (excluding personal income tax and social security) or, will work with the external tax advisor to seek answers and solutions to tax questions.
- Acting as main contact person with CEU’s tax advisor in Austria
- Representing CEU and providing information to Finanzamt and other Austrian authorities
- As a high level task, review, advise and participation in the yearly financial audits including the academic year audit as well
- Coordinating with finance team to complete assigned accounting and taxation tasks
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Finance or Accounting ideally obtained in Austria
- At least 5 years of working experience in senior accounting role(s) in Austria in academia, or non-profit sector, or at an international company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluent German and advanced English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Accountability, ability to meet deadlines and set priorities
- Strong work ethic is a must
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive/confidential information
- Ability to assess risks and identify optimal solutions
- Flexibility and orientation for solutions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize
- Chartered / certified accountant
- Familiarity with an integrated accounting system (preferably SAP)
- Ideally, Certified Tax advisor status in Austria
- Ideally, ACCA qualification
- Ideally, previous higher education sector experience
The annual gross salary starts at 65,000 EUR. The actual final salary might be higher depending on the seniority and level of expertise of the selected candidate.Additional benefits:
Reduced company rates for UNIQA private health insurance
CEU family support scheme,
Supplementary private pension plan,
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter
Please send your complete application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org - including the job code in the subject line: 2022/016.
We do not ask for reference letters at the first stage of application; the referees of short-listed candidates may be contacted for references later by CEU.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.About CEU
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master’s and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit www.ceu.edu.
Die Bewerbung ist erfolgreich versendet worden.