Internship - ESG (all genders)
Working at Erste Asset Management means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Internship - ESG (all genders)
Occupation Area:Financial markets
Company:ERSTE Asset Management
Erste Asset Management coordinates and is responsible for all asset management activities of Erste Group and is in charge of assets amounting to more than EUR 76 billion. More than 400 employees develop and manage investment solutions for our investors in 7 different countries. We place sustainability at the heart of our business activities. Not only have we been a pioneer since 2001, have managed our environmental equity fund in cooperation with WWF Austria since 2006 and we also base our own actions on sustainable criteria.
Our ESG team manages funds and portfolios and is dedicated to quantitative and qualitative ESG research on both company and sovereign level. With an ESG volume of more than EUR 16 billion in AuM, we are the leader in our region. This enables to engage with companies and execute our voting rights according to our inhouse ESG policy to make a positive impact when it comes to climate change, child labour, corporate governance and other important issues. Since our first launch of an ESG fund in 2001, we have continuously developed in this area and would like to further expand our expertise together with you.Your Tasks
You will work as a fully integrated ESG team member on the following tasks:
- ESG Integration - build new reporting and visualization tools to help fund managers better understand and use ESG data
- ESG Engagement - get in dialogue with companies on ESG related topics to change the world for the better
- quantitative ESG Modeling - contribute to our inhouse developed ESGenius model
- qualitative ESG Analysis - provide research on companies' and countries' ESG performance using our inhouse ESGenius framework
- develop a comprehensive understanding of responsible investing
- identify ESG factors relevant for thematic ESG screens
- a Bachelor's degree in technical studies, finance or sustainability
- a broad understanding of various asset classes and markets
- a strong analytical capability and a precise style of working
- passion about working with big data
- excellent communication skills and quick adaptation to new challenges
- fluent in German and English
- strong programming skills (R) are a plus
- knowledge in data management (SQL) and visualization of data (R Shiny) are a plus
- practical training & experience within a highly professional, dynamic and young team
- a friendly, respectful and innovative working environment within Austria's largest asset management company situated in six CEE countries
- the opportunity to take ownership of specific projects supporting the distribution efforts in Austria as well as internationally
- a chance to gain hands-on experience in the industry's fastest growing field
- flexible arrangement of working hours around university schedule
- home office by arrangement
- a modern workplace at the Erste Campus
- discover the benefits of Erste Asset Management
- duration of the internship: six or twelve months, preferably full time
- an internship salary of € 1.700,-- gross per month (on a full-time basis)
Erste Asset Management considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin.
Please send your full application with a CV and cover letter until 24.11.2022 exclusively via our online platform.
A goal of Erste Asset Management is to increase the percentage of women within the organization. Therefore we especially invite female applicants to apply for this open position and are looking forward to receiving applications from highly qualified women.
Die Bewerbung ist erfolgreich versendet worden.